is to provide the best blend of skills and input to strengthen any given cooperative or an entire cooperative movement in a country.
is to see cooperatives play a growing role in providing goods, services and decent employment to the populations at the base of the pyramid.
are entirely in line with those of the cooperative movement all over the world and include self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity. SoCOOP also conforms to the 7 internationally accepted cooperative principles:
- Voluntary and Open Membership
- Democratic Member Control
- Member Economic Participation
- Autonomy and Independence
- Education, Training and Information
- Co-operation among Co-operatives
- Concern for Community